To add a KML data source, click on the global "+" sign on the top left corner of the portal and select the Data Source option.
Adding a KML file as a data source:
- Select 'KML' from the Type drop-down box.
- Press the Select KML file button.
- Choose the KMZ package containing the file data source from the file browser.
- Note: KML files must be uploaded as KMZ archives. Uploading an uncompressed KML file will result in an error.
- Press the Save button to continue.
You will receive a message at the bottom of your screen notifying you that your data source was created. You should now be able to locate this data source on the Data Sources page.
Please review the KML file structure requirements help article if you encounter any issues when synchronizing your data.
Adding Meta Data
Multiple lines of Meta Data can be added to a single data source. To add meta data:
- Click the Add Meta Data button.
- Enter an Identifier (the name for the Meta Data).
- Press the Upload data button
- Select the meta data file from the file browser.
You may also choose to also add a Description and External ID Keyword, but these items are not required.