To add a ArcGIS Scene service data source, click on the global "+" sign on the top left corner of the portal and select the Data Source option. Alternatively you can go to the Data Source tab of the Admin Portal and click Add Source.
ArcGIS Scene Service Upload Process:
- Select ArcGIS Scene Services from the Type drop-down box.
- Next, choose a Security type.
- Indicate if the data source is an ArcGIS Online or Enterprise by enabling the toggle.
- Provide the Scene service URL.
- Enter security type-specific settings (only when required).
- Press the Save button to continue.
You will receive a message at the bottom of your screen notifying you that your data source was created. You should now be able to locate this data source from the Data Sources page.
Choosing a Security Type
There are five security type settings: public, password, token, active directory (NTLM), and Service Access.
- Public security type is used for unprotected URLs where no username or password authentication is required to access the data in ArcGIS.
- Password security type is used when users need ArcGIS credentials (Online or Enterprise) to access the data. This security type requires you to enter an authentication URL, username, and password.
- The following authentication URL is common for ArcGIS Online URLs https://arcgis.com/sharing/rest/generateToken. If it fails, please contact your GIS administrator to obtain the authentication URL.
- Token security type is used when the URL is protected by a token. This security type requires you to enter a token obtained from your GIS administrator. We suggest setting the token expiry date to at least a month (preferably, a year) to avoid data synchronization issues.
- Active Directory security type is used when the URL uses diverse proxy and active directory authentication to access the data. This security type requires you to enter a username and password.
- Service Access adds another layer of security as long as an invitation goes to "email@example.com". Once accepted from vGIS, users will not have access to their data directly through this dedicated connection. Note: Be sure to create an ArcGIS group with the option to invite members from outside your organization.
If your Scene service is hosted in ArcGIS Online, then enable the ArcGIS Online toggle switch. Leave the toggle off if your Scene service is hosted in ArcGIS Enterprise.