Adding BIM Files as Datasources (KB-AP022)
Adding a BIM file as a data source:
vGIS supports the following BIM formats: DWG, DXF, IFC, and RVT formats natively. Civil 3D, Revit and Navisworks files are best supported with vGIS Plugins.
- Click "+" and select Datasource or "Add datasource" from the "Datasources" page.
- Fill in the Description field. It will automatically fill the Identifier field too. If you want to change the Identifier, you can overwrite it using only lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens (-).
- Select one of the options for Visibility. You can learn more about security settings here.
- Select 'DWG-DXF-IFC-RVT (3D Objects)' from the Type drop-down box. Tip: Are you trying to import Vector Objects instead? Click Here to learn how.
- Press the Select File button.
- Choose the BIM file using the file browser (max recommended BIM model size is 250Mb).
- Optional fields:
- Category: If your team sorts data sources by categories you can find them in the dropdown.
- Click Add to complete the process (Note: You will receive a message at the bottom of your screen notifying you that your data source was created. You should now be able to locate this data source on the Data Sources page)
Click Here to learn how to configure your new data source.
You can update or change the data source settings that was just created. Click Here to learn more.