Adding a BIM file as a Datasource:
vGIS supports the following Native BIM formats: DWG, DXF, IFC, RVT, and NWD. Civil 3D, Revit and Navisworks files are best supported with vGIS Plugins.
- Navigate to the Data Source tab and click Add Source. Alternatively you can click the "+" at the top left and select Datasource as shown in the screenshot below.
- Fill in the Description field. It will automatically fill the Identifier field.
- Select one of the options for Visibility. You can learn more about security settings here.
- Select 'DWG-DXF-IFC-RVT (3D Objects)' from the Type drop-down box. Tip: Are you trying to import Vector Objects instead? Click Here to learn how.
- Press the Select File button.
- Choose the BIM file using the file browser.
- Optional fields - Category: If your team sorts data sources by categories you can find them in the dropdown.
- Click Add to complete the process (Note: You will receive a message at the bottom of your screen notifying you that your data source was created. You should now be able to locate this data source on the Data Sources page)
Click Here to learn how to configure your new data source.
You can update or change the data source settings that was just created. Click Here to learn more.