Adding a BIM File as a Datasource (KB-AP022)
Adding a Native BIM file as a data source:
vGIS currently supports DWG, DXF, IFC, and RVT formats.
After clicking the "+" icon and selecting Data Source:
- Fill in the Identifier field using only lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens (-)
- Select one of the options for Visibility. You can learn more about this if you click here.
- Select 'DWG-DXF-IFC-RVT (3D Objects)' from the Type drop-down box. (Using Vector Files instead? Click Here to learn about the import process)
- Press the Select File button.
- Choose the BIM file data source from the file browser (max recommended BIM model size is 250Mb).
- Optional fields:
- Description: Add unique markings to the specific data source
- Category: If your team sorts data sources by categories you can find them in the dropdown
- Click Add to complete the process (Note: You will receive a message at the bottom of your screen notifying you that your data source was created. You should now be able to locate this data source on the Data Sources page)
Click Here to learn how to configure your new data source.
You can update or change the data source settings that was just created. Click Here to learn more.