Adding a Native BIM file as a data source:
vGIS currently supports DWG, DXF, IFC, and RVT formats. To add a native BIM file:
- Select 'DWG-DXF-IFC-RVT (3D Mesh)' from the Type drop-down box.
- Press the Select Native BIM file button.
- Choose the BIM file data source from the file browser (max recommended BIM model size is 40Mb).
- Choose if you would like to enable model interactions by enabling the toggle.
- Indicate if you would like to extend the viewing range by enabling the toggle.
- Press the Save button to continue.
You will receive a message at the bottom of your screen notifying you that your data source was created. You should now be able to locate this data source on the Data Sources page.
Enable the Model Interactions toggle if you want to retrieve data, such as distance, object header, or the Infocard for different objects within the model when hovering the pointer at them in the vGIS app.
When enabled, the Extend Viewing Range will allow you to see the full object in the AR view. Otherwise, it will be clipped by the clipping pane at 75m.