Elevation settings are one of the key items you need to address when configuring your data. To determine if your data source contains elevation values, use the sample data at the object layer configuration screen.
In The Admin Portal
- Access the Data Source tab from the side menu
- Select your data source
- Click on the Object Layer you want to check for elevation
- Scroll down until you see the data in the Sample Data field
Please Note: Your data source must have been processed at least once before it shows sample data in any of its object layers.
Once you are presented with the sample data, confirm the following:
- If your sample data shows a numerical value, other than 0, in the first column of the Geometry field, then your data contains elevation and it's Z-enabled. (Fig. 1)
- If your sample data shows a 0 in the first column of the Geometry field, then your data does not include elevation and it's Z-disabled. (Fig. 2)
Knowing if your data is z-enabled will allow you to select the optimal elevation type for your data set.