Data for a remote location needs to be validated for visual accuracy.
The simplest way to validate the data at a remote location is by using the Virtual Tour option:
- From the AR view, switch to the Map
- Use the address search function to navigate to the desired location.
- Tap the Virtual Tour button to highlight the areas with the Virtual Tour imagery.
- Click on the Virtual Tour line closest to the desired location.
After completing Steps 1–4, you should see the GIS/BIM/CAD data superimposed on top of the Virtual Tour’s 360-imagery.
If the Virtual Tour option is unavailable for the target location, you can project the data using the Bookmarking functionality.
- Find the coordinates of the location that you want to validate. You can either use the Measure tool in ArcMap/ArcGIS or check the location’s coordinates in Bing Maps or Google Maps. The coordinates need to be in the following format: 34.056429, -117.182557
- Access vGIS Portal.
- Navigate to the Teams section. Create a new team (you can call it “Test Team”) if the “Test Team” doesn’t exist.
- Assign the coordinates you identified in Step 1 as the default coordinates for the team.
- Navigate to Devices and send yourself an activation code to add your device to the team.
- Once the activation code arrives, open the vGIS app on your device.
- Tap Main Menu > Company > Add Company, and click the activation code you just received.
- Fully close and restart the app, choosing the “Test Team” on the Team Selection screen.
- During the calibration process, use the bookmark (home) button to “teleport” to the desired location.
Going forward, you’ll be able to validate other locations by simply changing the default coordinates for the test team.