If you are an Autodesk BIM360 user, you need to perform these steps to connect your project to vGIS.
Note: these steps will have to be performed by your BIM360 project admin. Regular BIM360 users and project members will not be able to complete the setup described below.
Step 1: Create Forge app as described in this document:
Step 2: Obtain Client_ID and Client_Secret values by following these instructions:
Step 3: Create a custom integration for the vGIS App in BIM360:
Step 4: Get Project_ID from the URL in the Autodesk Portal
- Log in to the portal - https://insight.b360.autodesk.com/
- Choose the project (Fig. 1)
- Copy Project_ID from URL
Step 5: Add a new data source in vGIS Admin portal, choosing the following values:
- Type - Autodesk BIM360
- Client ID - Client_ID (from Step 2)
- Client secret - Client_Secret (from Step 2)
- Project ID - Project_ID (from Step 4)