You can add Digital Terrain Models (DTM) to your company account from the vGIS Admin Portal.
Instructions for adding and enabling DTM
Access the Components section from the side menu (Fig. 1)
Select the DTM tab and click on the Add DTMl button (Fig. 1)
Complete the following fields and click Add (Fig. 2)
- Add an identifier for the map
Add a name for the map
- Choose a visibility from the drop-down menu
Choose a security type from the drop-down menu
Add the surface model URL
Choose a vertical datum from the drop-down menu
vGIS Utilities app
To use the feature in the vGIS Utilities app you will need the latest version of the app on your device(s).
- When in the app, access the Menu (Fig. 3)
- Then tap on Options (Fig. 4)
- And tap on the System tab (Fig. 5)
- Select the DTM option (Fig. 5) and choose your DTM (Fig. 6)
vGIS supports two services for custom elevation maps:
- ArcGIS Image service that supports image export
- ArcGIS image service with elevation layer type (preferred)
- Tile API must be available
- Zoom level 17 is required
- The tiling scheme must be the same as used by ArcGIS Online, Bing, and Google Maps
Vertical datum should be WGS84 or one of the supported by vGIS.