To add a Bentley iTwin data source, click on the global "+" sign on the top left corner of the portal and select the Data Source option.
Adding a Bentley iTwin as a data source
- Select 'Bentley iTwin' from the Type drop-down box.
- Next, enter the project name, and model name.
- Press the Save button to continue.
You will receive a message at the bottom of your screen notifying you that your data source was created. You should now be able to locate this data source in the Data Sources page.
Preparing Bentley iTwin project
Follow these steps to enable vGIS access to your iTwin project:
- Add a user with the email service-5YgjA6DlroxioqW3PxTIUDRI4@apps.imsoidc.bentley.com as a Project Team Member.
- Assign this new user a Role with the following permissions:
- iModelHub - View/Read
- ProjectWise ContextShare - Use
Adding vGIS service as an External Organization will not enable the required access. Instead, set vGIS service email up as a Project Team Member (iTwin tutorial - last point of the Setup section - link).
Adding users from outside the organization to your project isn't allowed by default. You will need to enable it in the project settings.
Once vGIS service account is added to your iTwin, use your iTwin project name and model name to configure the data source. The project and model name can be found in the iModel Manager (Fig. 2).