vGIS allows you to connect with your Autodesk BIM 360 projects.
Adding BIM 360 project as a data source:
- Fill in the 'Identifier' information for the data source.
- Select "Autodesk BIM 360" from the 'Type' drop-down (Fig. 1).
- Press the "Save" button on the top-right corner.
- Immediately after saving the 'Autodesk Sign In' button will appear under the toggles (Fig. 2).
- Click on the Autodesk Sign In button, to sign in to your Autodesk account.
- If the 'vGIS App' is not linked to your Autodesk Forge account, you will see the "BIM 360 account is not connected" message (Fig. 3). Follow the instructions to connect your BIM 360 project (Fig. 4 and Fig. 5).
- Once you have signed in, a new "Project" field will appear under the 'Type' field. Select the BIM 360 project you want to link to (Fig. 6).
- Choose if you would like to enable model interactions by enabling the toggle.
- Indicate if you would like to extend the viewing range by enabling the toggle.
- Press the 'Save' button again to continue (Fig. 6).
You should now be able to locate this data source on the Data Sources page.
Enable the Model Interactions toggle if you want to retrieve data, such as distance, object header, or the Infocard for different objects within the model when hovering the pointer at them in the vGIS app.
When enabled, the Extend Viewing Range will allow you to see the full object in the AR view. Otherwise, it will be clipped by the clipping pane at 75m.