In addition to displaying AR visuals that match the physical world, you can also use the vGIS AR app to check your data remotely, (e.g., visualize a remote site from the office).
Setting a Bookmark (Admins)
- Find the coordinates of the location that you want to validate.
- Access vGIS Portal.
- Navigate to the Teams section. Create a new team.
- Assign the coordinates as the default for the team.
Viewing Data Remotely
- Launch the vGIS AR app.
- Open the AR view (this will prompt the calibration screen). Alternatively, click Recalibrate from the main menu.
- Use the 2D Map to navigate from your physical location to the desired location; or,
- Tap the Position button, and then Bookmark to virtually move you to the default coordinates assigned at the team/project level.
Note: Users will need to fully exit and restart the app before they can access new bookmarks.
If a user already has a team/project open, click the three-lined Menu button and tap Recalibrate and follow steps above.