In addition to displaying AR visuals that match the physical world, you can also use the vGIS app to check your data remotely, e.g., visualize a remote site from the office.
Setting a bookmark (admins)
- Find the coordinates of the location that you want to validate.
- Access vGIS Portal.
- Navigate to the Teams section. Create a new team.
- Assign the coordinates as the default for the team.
- Launch the vGIS Utilities app.
- Open the AR view, this will prompt the calibration screen, or click "Recalibrate" from the main menu.
- Use the 2D map to navigate from your physical location to the desired location; or,
- Tap the Position button, and then on Bookmark to virtually move you to the coordinates assigned to your company/team/project by your portal admin.
Note: Users will need to fully exit and restart the app before they can access new bookmarks.